Software of cartographic server is designed both for operation as part of sea-surface display system, and for creation of separate chart-servers, for example, for tasks of centralized distribution of electronic navigation charts, including for systems, supporting only raster layers.
SW may be used:
- in navigational environment display systems (Vessel Traffic Control System (VTS), engineering and technical features for traffic safety (ITFTS);
- as part of software of radar indicators;
- as part of single shipboard chart-server;
- for connection with mobile devices (smartphones/pads) for display of electronic navigation charts;
- on inland waterways.
Cartographic Server Composition
Software of cartographic server consists of the following components:
- Chart-server. Performs functions with drawing of charts and transmission of formed graphic images to clients.
- Chart storage controller. Controls chart storage. Provides addition/deletion of charts, control of licenses S63, check of chart storage integrity.
- Client library. Allows to integrate support of electronic navigation charts quickly to object-oriented SW.
- cross-platformness (at the present moment cartographic subsystem is compiled and used in OS Windows, QNX4, QNX6, Linux, Android, Blackberry Tablet OS and the list may be extended);
- network architecture (interaction between chart-server and client may be realized both within one computing machine, and between different computing machines).