The software of the map server is intended both for work as a part of display systems of a surface situation, and for creation of separate map servers, for example, for the tasks of centralized distribution of electronic navigation maps, including for systems supporting only raster layers.
Software can be used:
- in systems of display of navigation situation (VTS, ITSOTB);
- as part of ECDIS / ECDIS software;
- as part of the software of radar indicators;
- as part of a single ship card server;
- for pairing with mobile devices (smartphones / tablets) for displaying electronic navigation charts;
- on inland waterways.
The composition of the map server
The software of the map server consists of the following components:
- Card Server. Performs functions related to drawing maps in accordance with customer requests, and transferring the resulting graphic images to customers. In addition, the server card transmits information on dangerous objects to clients, a list and attributes of objects at a given point, etc .;
- Card storage controller. Manages the card repository. Provides add / remove cards, manage S63 licenses, check the integrity of the card storage;
- Client library. It is an API for interacting with the card server and allows you to quickly implement support for electronic navigation maps in the target software.
- cross-platform (currently the mapping subsystem is compiled and used in Windows, QNX4, QNX6, Linux, Android, Blackberry Tablet OS and the list can be expanded);
- network architecture (the interaction between the server card and the client can be implemented both within a single computer, and between different computers).