A new modular architecture for building a radar image processing system, in which a powerful computing system is designed as a compact embedded module and optimized for processing radar data. This allows the use of the MORS8 module in almost any form factor and temperature range.
The MORS8 module can be used both for preprocessing a signal and transferring it to an Ethernet network, as well as for creating a radar indicator, thanks to the built-in graphic video system.
The MORS8 module includes a DSP processor operating at a frequency of 600 MHz, as well as a FPGA-based radar coprocessor. The module is equipped with DDR2 memory with a total volume of up to 1GB, which allows inter-beam and inter-review filtering of radar information at sampling rates of up to 80 MHz.
Low power consumption MORS8 allows you to create compact sealed versions of radar processors and radar servers without mechanical cooling systems, operating in all climatic conditions.
- Low Power;
- Ability to develop for specific weight and size characteristics;
- Ability to perform with the most stringent climatic requirements;
- Adaptive inputs for interfacing with any type of radar, including the input of parallel signals and serial code;
- Quick start and availability.
The radar server is supported by a line of software products developed and supplied by Marine Complexes and Systems Plus LLC.
- Modernization of old radars for transmitting radar images over Ethernet, TCP / IP networks
- Bridge navigation systems
- Shore indicator posts
- Archiving systems of primary radar information
- Integration of indicators with radar stations from different manufacturers
The module has an integrated graphics system with a graphics accelerator optimized for working with several layers: a map, traces, a radar picture, target marks, a user interface, and hardware-synthesized viewfinders / cursors.
Basic technical specifications
Radar Image Processing:
- The digitization frequency is up to 80 MHz, the number of quantization levels is 4096;
- Distance resolution of a radar system based on MORS8 up to 1.85m;
- Intersubject and inter-beam digital filtering;
- Analog gain profile in range (TAG);
- Support for position sensors of an antenna with serial and parallel code, pulse sensors with the number of pulses per revolution 180-16384.
- DSP 600 MHz
- DDR2 300 MHz external DSP memory, up to 512 MB;
- NAND Flash, up to 2 GB;
- FPGA-based coprocessor
- DDR2 300 MHz external coprocessor memory, up to 512 MB.
- Video port with scanning up to 1920x1080x60 VGA / HDTV, as well as all VESA modes;
- 6 UART (RS-232, RS-422/485);
- 60 GPIO FPGA, LVTTL up to 300 MHz + 8 GPIO DSP;
- 15 GPIO inputs for inputting signals with optocouplers;
- MII for Ethernet 10/100 (UTP, WiFi, fiber).
- Startup and availability time no more than 10 seconds;
- 5V power;
- Low power consumption (up to 5.5W);
- Power to external consumers (+ 3.3V to 3A; + 4.5V to 100 mA, -4V to 100 mA);
- Industrial temperature range (-40 ° C ... +85 ° C);
- Relative humidity up to 98% at 30 ° C;
- Dimensions 75x75x8 mm;
- Built-in instrumental control of parameters: voltages, currents and temperatures.